Java Software Developer Elster
Elster Electricity, with about 1.400 employees in 19 countries and 400 mUSD revenues in 2013, delivers complete end-to-end Smart Metering and Energy Management Solutions that drive energy efficiency, operational improvements and cost savings for utilities, industrial customers and consumers. Its multi utility offerings, which are interoperable by design, include distribution monitoring and control, advanced Smart Metering, demand response, networking and software solutions.
Part of the Smart Metering Software Development team, developing the Elster's highly scalable meter data and energy data collection and processing software platform.
As part of the MDM project team, the main responsibility will be on one hand to develop, maintain and improve EIServer platform with new features and functionalities, develop new device communication protocols for different types of customers
Several types of smart-metering devices will be used: smart meters, concentrators, gateways, modems with different communication media, like GSM, GPRS, PLC and TCP/IP.
Do you have?
- University degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science or other technical/scientific field.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Java standard edition
- Strong Object Oriented Programming experience and/or knowledge
- Good relational database concepts and programming experience and/or knowledge, preferably Oracle database knowledge
- Strong English communication skills, able to understand and express complex technical tasks
- Problem solving skills, analytical mind and positive attitude
- Focused on meeting timelines, result oriented person
Nice to have:
- Experience and/or knowledge of metering, protocols, communication.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Scum/Agile methodologies.
- Experience and/or knowledge of IntelliJ, Maven, SVN.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc).
We are looking forward to receiving your application!