Java Developer - Banking Software
Short company description
BearingPoint consultants understand that the world of business changes constantly and that the resulting complexities demand intelligent and adaptive solutions.
Our clients, whether in commercial or financial industries or in government, experience real results when they work with us. We combine industry, operational and technology skills with relevant proprietary and other assets in order to tailor solutions for each client’s individual challenges. This adaptive approach is at the heart of our culture and has led to long-standing relationships with many of the world’s leading companies and organisations.
Our global consulting network of 9200 people serves clients in more than 70 countries and engages with them for measurable results and long-lasting success.
In Romania, we are present since 2005, currently employing 160 people in our two offices in Bucharest and Sibiu.
- Graduated in Economics / IT / Engineering or final year student
- Strong Java Core and SQL / DB skills
- Minimum of 2 years Java development experience
- Knowledge of Unix Command Line
- Experience with web servers such as Tomcat would be an advantage
- Entrepreneurial attitude, result oriented and team player mindset
- Availability to travel in Europe
- Fluency in English is mandatory, German would be an advantage
- Knowledge of business processes and business experience in a large company is a plus
We are looking for a Java Developer to become part of the ABACUS development team. ABACUS is our high quality standard software solution for bank supervisory and regulatory reporting. Our team numbers over 50 business and technology consultants who join forces to develop and implement new features.
- Understand, maintain and extend a highly complex Java application. The application is made of several modules such as a GWT based GUI, a complex DB abstraction and numerous business processes described via its custom programming language.
- Write and optimize complex SQL queries and make use of advanced features like partitioning, hash joins etc.
- Work in Unix for basic operations like application deployment, web server configuration etc.
- Work in a mixed Romanian-German team where occasional travel to the client site or headquarters is required.
- You will use the following technologies and get support from more experienced colleagues, if necessary: Java SE, GWT/GXT, SQL, Oracle, Tomcat, Maven, XML, Log4j, Jasper Reports etc
What do we offer you?
- A great place to develop your career
- Exciting and meaningful projects for some of the world�s most well-known organizations
- Continuous education and training
- A motivating salary and a comprehensive package of benefits (23 vacation days, life & accident insurance, medical insurance, travel insurance, meal vouchers etc.)
- Performance related bonus